1) You should get enough amount of Sleep :
Get enough sleep as it have been proved that a good night’s sleep will help you perform better.
2) You should Manage your time effectively :
- Make a weekly schedule for your studies & dedicate a certain amount of time per day for studying.
- Make sure your study plan is followed properly & plan out your extracurricular activities.
- You must know how to balance school and extra-curricular activities.
Watch this related video – Time Management
3) You should find a good space for studying :
- Find out a good location for studying & always wear comfortable & loose clothes while studying.
- Sit wherever you are comfortable whether it is sofa, floor etc Keep yourself aloof from distractions.
4) You should switch off your TV while studying :
- You should not get distracted from studying , so you should put off your television so that you do not get distracted
5) You should highlight the important texts & details.
- You should use a highlighter & underline the important points of the text, so that it is easier to spot them.
- You can read these highlighted portions in order to quickly review the material you have learned.
6) You should always take notes in the classroom :
- Try to note all the things & make good notes in the class so that it can help you to remember what you have learnt while to start preparing for your exams.
- You can use abbreviations so that important information can be seen at glance.
- You must always ask questions in class as it will help you to know the concept clearly.
7) Use your textbook
- Don’t always depend on the instructor or the teacher, use for textbook for finding each & every content.
- Prepare yourself using the textbook, read the chapter carefully & then highlight the important contents.
- Understand the chapter in a better way to understand the concepts clearly.
8) You should rewrite your notes at home :
- Whenever you are taking notes you should remember that you should not waste time & you should rewrite the notes given in the classes on the same day as at that time the contents are fresh in your mind & hence they can be easily remembered.
- You can make a rough note in the classroom & then can re write it in a fresh manner after coming home.
9) You should always start with hard subjects.
- You must start the most difficult subjects first as you are more energetic at the first instance& you can equally give your maximum time for these subjects.
- This will help you to cover the difficult subjects early so that you can start the easy stuff later.
10) You can make a study group
- You can make a group of 3-4 friends so that you feel good studying together.
- You can ask questions to each other and can share the techniques which others are using.
- You can equally divide the concepts or lessons for each one to summarize.
11) How to write your Time table
a) Firstly you should make a list of your responsibilities & activities:
- Note down all the responsibilities & tasks which you have in your pocket. Classes, sports, exercises.
- Also note down the events & the other celebrations if any so that you are aware about all the tasks while noting the time table.
b) Decide a format:
- Decide a format of your timetable, you will find many formats on the internet.
- Finalize your format according to your comfort zone which ill suit all your needs.
- Go for a grid format which is easy to understand.
c) Schedule time for studies & breaks:
- You should fix your time for studies & breaks carefully & must stick to it.
- You can take a 15 mins break after studying till 45 mins.
- You should prioritize study time specifically & must stick to it.
d) Don’t continue one subject for long time :
- Don’t plan sessions too long for one subject, so that you will not get bored.
- Always keep multiple subjects for each session.
e) You can create a single or a customized time table.
- You can make a single time table for the whole week & can follow it.
- You can also make a customize timetable while depends on the specifications of the week.
- Remember all the important events of the week while writing the time table.
Related Blog :